Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Silver In My Backyard

It's been awhile since I've done any metal detecting, but I had a hankering for it yesterday and I decided to go over some of the trickier spots in my backyard and guess what, I found my third silver coin ever, a 1943 New Zealand threepence. I also found a couple pennies and a buck fifty in change, the old yards still got some life left in it.

I still haven't touched the front yard, I've got big hopes for it, it's located at the end of a dead end street and very exposed, here's hoping that 50+ years of people taking shortcuts and kids playing on it have left behind a treasure trove.

New Zealand Threepence
1943 New Zealand Threepence.

2 comments:

  1. Haha whats that they say,"fish your own feet first" Silver's always a bonus in my book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so fortunate for that day. Metal detecting is such a wonderful hobby. The thrill and excitement can not be matched by anything else. Next time, try to search on swimming areas. It is there most likely jewelries and coins tend to lost.

    ReplyDelete